Thursday, July 20, 2006

mercury rising in the Thompson-Okan-oven


Today I like my job. A lot. It's pretty nice when you can head to the lake to do a story on hot-shot water skiers beating the heat with a dip into the emerald-green waters of Shumway Lake for the Water Ski & Wakeboard B.C. Classic championships this weekend. The three event competition -- slalom, tricks and jumps -- concludes Sunday and is a precursor for many young athletes coming to Kamloops for the upcoming B.C. Summer Games. My godson Christopher and brother Curtis Sowden are attending the clinic and competition this weekend. It seems not that long ago I used to one-arm my slalom turns. At least for one, maybe two turns and that was it. Spaloosh! It didn't take long before I started acting my age. At least on the water. -EAG

No comments: