Friday, July 21, 2006

"last one in's a rotten egg"


O.K. So why can kids be so unbridled with their reactions to water and adults can't?
We tend to stick one toe in the water to test the temperature -- then both feet. It takes a lot longer for us to even get close to the level of excitement that kids can experience almost instantly when it comes to getting wet. They just jump right in.
It kinda reminds me of the Steven Curtis Chapman song, Dive.

...My heart is racing and my knees are weak
As I walk to the edge
I know there's no turning back.
Once my feet have left the ledge
And in the rush I hear a voice
That's telling me it's time
To take a leap of faith.
So here I go.

I'm diving in, I'm going deep
In over my head, I want to be
Caught in the rush, lost in the flow,
The river's deep, the river's wide,
The river's water is alive
So sink or swim, I'm diving in.

...But we will never know the awesome power
Of the grace of God
Until we let ourselves get swept away
Into this holy flood.

...Come on let's go. - EAG

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave, good job. The boys love your pictures btw, classes up our website up a bit. Let's talk soon.

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»