Friday, August 04, 2006

cat scratch fever

About the only thing I would envy about being a cat is their ability to scatch themselves in places that I wish I could.

They have absolutely no shame.
Wouldn't life be great without experiencing the sense of shame.

I can hear my grade school teachers' voice still, saying "shame on you David," for something I'd done that was wrong.
I've even said it to myself in my 'inside' voice. Letting myself know how I'd blown it. Stepped over the line. Gone my own way.
I'm so thankful that God knows my heart. He wants me to know His.
Being able to go to Him in prayer and receive forgiveness is the way I can turn over the guilt and shame of my sin to Him.
That's why He sent His son to earth and, ultimately down the road to the cross. It was for me. For my sin. My shame.
He wanted me to be close to Him during my brief time on this earth. To know Him. To understand His will for my life.

Thanks God. --EAG

No comments: